This month, Tori's Top Tips are all about helping you with your home manicure. Watch our video to help you with your manicures and pedicures at home. Home manicures are a great way to relax, take time out, look after your hands, nails and nail beds and also experiment with the latest nail polish colour.
To get started, you will need a nail file, base and top coat, cuticle stick, cuticle trimmer, nail buffer, cuticle oil, nail polish colour and a Nailpad.
1. File your nails in one direction towards the centre of your nail. Make sure your nails are completely dry to avoid the nail splitting.
2. Soak your nails to soften the cuticles for about 5 minutes. And then apply a rich hand cream. I have been using the Essie Many Mani Intensive Hand lotion. If you have cuticle oil to hand, apply this and let it soak in too.
3. Use the cuticle stick to push back your cuticles. And if you have any hang nails, trim these off with a cuticle trimmer.
4. Get your Nailpad at the ready as you prepare the base coat, nail polish and top coat. Use a base coat to protect your nails and prevent staining from a dark nail polish colour
5. When applying the colour, leave around a millimetre from the cuticle to nail bed to keep it looking neat and tidy. And if you are stronger painting with one hand over the other, start with the weaker hand to avoid any smudges on the other hand.
6. Apply a second coat to enhance the colour
7. Add a top coat to protect your colour and prevent chipping
8. Use cotton wool dipped in nail polish remover at the end of a cuticle stick to clear up any extra polish on your skin
9. Use a Nailpad to keep your nail polish secure and provide a stable surface.